Wednesday 28 October 2015

News from the writer’s desk: Dispatches from the Dark Side

Well, October has come and almost gone. It brought with it rain, chilly mornings and the evenings drawing in. The first fireplaces have been lit, warming soups have been rediscovered, roast chestnuts appeared on braziers manned by street vendors, and I have been reunited with my boots and sweaters.

On the writerly front, I’ve been embracing my dark side – and getting an unexpected kick out of it.

Apparently, others are too. As reported in my last News from the Writer’s Desk, one of my short stories – Gargoyle – was selected for a night of fairy and folk tales at the New Venture Theatre in Brighton on 16 October. If you couldn’t make it, you can get an idea from this clip, recorded by my good friend Strat Mastoris  https://vimeo.com/143775839

Hope you enjoy it – I certainly got a thrill hearing my words in a voice other than the ones in my head.


Another of my stories – Green Grow The Rushes –will get an airing, again down in Brighton this Friday (30 October), as part of the Halloween Dukeanory at the DukeBox Theatre. 

It promises to be a good night, full of dark tales and delicious chills. Details can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/981465331891546/

Finally, after my delight at having a story selected for inclusion in The Grim Keepers anthology, I’ve got more good news. 

My offering “Seasons Greetings” has been accepted for another creepy anthology “Festive Frights”, due out in early December – just in time to remind you of the sinister side of Yuletide. 

Check out www.facebook.com/Festive-Frights-537143269771033/ for news of publication dates and where you can download or order a hard copy when the time comes.


So, roll on November. I wonder what surprises it will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment